Decorating your garden with tasteful ornaments is a fantastic way to enhance your foliage, and to keep your garden colorful every season of the year. We’re all familiar with the classic garden gnomes, bird feeders, wind chimes, and those gaudy pink flamingos. But what about a more modern touch of flare for your foliage?
We researched a few of the trendier and more creative options, and picked out some of our favorites for you:
- Glass Flowers and Solar Stake Lights make a lively addition to your garden. With translucent leaves and petals that catch and spread the sun’s rays, they add a glint of light and a spray of color even on the dimmest winter days. If you opt for the solar stake lights, their tiny LED bulbs will help brighten the night when you’re entertaining in the evening.
- Bottle Trees are a great DIY project for the creatives who prefer to enjoy their own craftsmanship. Beautiful glass bottles can either be collected from your own spirited libations, or simply bought at craft stores and boutiques. You can slide the empty bottles onto the branches of a [smaller] dead tree in your yard, or onto a sturdy wire fixture designed specifically for creating a bottle tree.
- Wind Wheels are a sort of hybrid between wind chimes and pinwheels, and they can be staked into your garden’s corners or among the flowers for a playful accent. Some choose to purchase shorter hooked stakes, from which any chime can be hung. But several varieties, like this twirling beauty, are already staked and ready to go.
- Metal Sculptures, with their muted coloring, can be either silly or sophisticated, depending on your personal taste. The deep, earthy hues of brass and bronze look handsome in a bed of ivy, with the added benefit of being low-maintenance weather resistant materials. We particularly like these tall, bottom-weighted bronze birds.
- Outdoor Wall Art adds a touch of whimsy to your tree trunks and fence posts. Anything from druidesque faces, to beetles and woodland creatures, and even LED-lit figures- can all be found on the market these days. If you want to enhance your garden with fun decorations, without placing anything in or on the ground, these small mountable designs are a great option.
Here in North Texas, we have the pleasure of enjoying the outdoors for most of the year. But especially in the winter months, when plants begin to go dormant, it can be a challenge to keep your garden beautiful. Learn more about our garden landscaping services!
Adding a playful touch of color that withstands the weather is a great way to give your garden some life through every season. For more ideas on brightening up your yard no matter the season, be sure you check out Landscaping Ideas on a Budget: Hardscapes.
I’ve been a content developer for over a year, and I enjoy writing about gardening, lawn care, etc. to share what I’ve learned with others.